COLOR IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN A GREAT PARTY AND AN EASILY FORGOTTEN PARTY.
Understanding the theme or motif means setting the mood and pace for the soiree. For our founder Desiree's birthday last winter, she decided on an abstract theme that was a sexy take on New Orleans' romantic magic. There was no title for this. Guests were simply invited to join her for an evening of
fine dining and mystical insight.
Invitations designed by: Desiree Ontiveros
Color played an important role in this and was the thread that was weaved from linens, invitations and menus, balloons and florals. Moody grey and blacks alone were too stark for the mystical vibe so she added a dusty rose and purple leaning burgundy to the mix striking a perfect balance.
The tablescape was executed to perfection by New Orleans Floral Artist @kimstarrwise
couple with chic and unique linens by @nuagedesigns
The intersection between tarot card readers and a New Orleans brass band was all part of the whimsical magic that makes New Orleans such a great city.
Black was used predominantly in the linens
Burgundy was used in the floral table scape and linens
Greige was used heavily in stationery and linens
Dusty Rose was used on the cake and in floral arrangements
All of the colors were tied in beautifully in the balloon installations which were separated into three different vignettes.
Inspired by this color palette and theme?
- A properly attired guest list is important. Encourage guests to wear something that is in the motifs spirit.
- Lots of crystals and geodes. After this party those crystals were fully charged with all of the love and camaraderie of old friends and new.
- Great florals
- Linens are key! They can make or break the look
- Entertainment: Tarot Readers
- Make this a costume party
- Over think it
- Go overboard. If the entire party cannot have all the elements, put a welcome table at the entryway to set the tone and allow for photos. See photo of the altar which was the first stop for guests as they entered the party.
Altar styled by @kimstarrwise and Desiree Ontiveros
Here are some great products from our shop that
lend itself to your own mystical party!
Recreate this balloon garland at home with our
"The New Romantics" DIY Balloon Garland.
Here are some great additions from our shop to get let your inner teenage goth shine.